Moisture Meter for Coffee & Cacao Bean MD-CC
Moisture Meter for Coffee & Cacao Bean
Moisture range for coffee bean: 0 ~ 22%
Moisture range for cacao bean: 0 ~ 18%
Technical Strength & Key Points:
MD-CC is a professional 2 in 1 moisture meter that can measure the moisture content of any type of coffee & cacao beans quickly and accurately. Equipped with programmed IC control that ensures high accuracy and provides direct read-out of percent moisture in seconds.
Covering from 0~22% of moisture for coffee beans and 0~18% for cacao beans. Moisture content of the beans have great impact on storage life as well as in establishing parameters for acceptable levels of moisture in the beans they buy. This meter is a compact, handy unit supplied with accessories, in a carrying case. It is housed in a robust case, shaped to protect the large dial and controls. It comes with a free universal measuring cable for connecting the electrodes to the meter, a free universal electrode holder that accepts almost all interchangeable electrode heads and a free 9V battery as its source of power supply.
Usage & Applications:
Measuring the moisture in coffee is done at almost every stage of processing, from the time it leaves the farm to the time it ends up in a brewing machine. With the advent of the specialty and gourmet coffee industry, quality control has become more precise. Laboratory grade or highly accurate equipment such as MD-CC is now used to measure moisture levels in just seconds. Moisture levels also shed insight in to improper storage or, "old inventory". Moisture analysis is one of the most important factor in creating an excellent cup of coffee, harm the freshness of coffee, storing coffee and cacao beans, fermenting and drying cacao beans, and even in seeding cacao. Like for green bean moisture should be measured upon receipt not only to ensure it's quality, but also prior to roasting. Lower moisture roasted beans have longer shelf life, but 5% moisture is believed to be the best level for grinding, which also has a great deal to do with the final cup taste, especially in the growing Espresso Market.
* 2 function in 1 meter: Can test coffee bean and cacao bean
* Equipped with programmed IC control that ensures high accuracy
* With self power testing and offers convenience in the field
* Designed for easy and fast operation with instantaneous indication
* Equipped with universal electrode holder & universal measuring cable for connecting to many types of electrode
* Design for mobility, field and on-site checking of moisture content
* Moisture range for coffee bean: 0 ~ 22%
* Moisture range for cacao bean: 0 ~ 18%
* Size: 6 5/8 x 4 1/2 x 2", 170 x 115 x 50 mm (L x W x H)
* Meter Weight: 14 oz, 0.4 kg
* FREE Universal cable connector
* FREE Universal electrode holder
* FREE 9V Battery & carrying case with strap
* Needle type metal electrode
* Battery check. Press the red button. The meter's needle must then hit or pointing to the red bar found underneath the number "20". If not pointing or doesn't respond when the red button had been pressed, please change the battery.
*Measuring Moisture. First, connect universal cable connector to the receptor of the needle type electrode. Connect the other end of the universal connector to the receptor found on the topmost part to the meter and push the toggle switch to the side of COFFEE or CACAO position, then bring needle type electrode into firm contact with the product or the bean to be measured. Press the white button and read the result directly on the meter. Release the white button to finish the operation.
*Maintenance. It is recommended to remove the battery when the meter is not used to prolong the battery life. Clean the meter as well as the electrode and store in a dry and away from direct sunlight place.